re you looking for some laptop accessories to enhance your laptop computing experience? Well, you'll be glad to know that there are tons of laptop accessories out in the market.
From stuff like USB lights, Bluetooth adapters, pen drives and phone chargers, you will be amazed at the variety of products you can find out there.
Of course, some products (e.g. pen drives) are more essential than other (e.g. laptop speakers or mobile printers). Whatever your requirements, be sure you know what kind of accessories you need for your laptop before going out to buy them.
In this article, I will try to help you understand the best types of laptop accessories money can buy. So let's get started ...
1. Laptop Bag or Backpack
One of the most important laptop accessories, in my opinion, is the humble laptop bag. If you do a lot of traveling, you might want to consider a laptop backpack or even a wheeled bag. You will want to have lots of compartments in the bag for all your lovely laptop peripherals. If you want to learn more about laptop bags, you can read up my guide on how to buy a laptop bag.
2. Laptop Security Cables
You will find the laptop security cable to be one of the most important laptop accessories. You simply chain up your laptop to a table or fixed structure and you prevent its theft. Always remember, security comes first.
A typical laptop security cable
3. External Storage
Another one of my must-haves on the road is an external hard drive. Seagate sells many of these hard drives and the cost per megabyte is really low. Invest in one, you won't regret it.
Another alternative is to go for a smaller pen drive which holds less data, but is much lighter and portable.
4. Wireless Laptop Mouse
A wireless mouse is a very useful companion to a laptop. These days, most users are shifting to wireless mice - the older wired mice are fast becoming defunct. So you might want to invest in one of these to get some extra freedom in your mouse movement.
A wireless laptop mouse from Microsoft
If you intend to use your laptop for doing instant messaging and video sharing with your friends and family, a webcam is an absolute must. There are webcams out there specifically designed for laptops and you should purchase one that is portable and yet provides good resolution video.
A very portable webcam from Logitech
6. Other Items
Of course, the above only shows you 5 of the most important laptop accessories you should buy. Here are some others to tickle your fancy:
* Wireless card. If you own an older laptop, it might not come with a built-in wireless feature. Most of the top brands should have 802.11b or 802.11g built-in. If it doesn't, you can get something like the Linksys 802.11g wireless card for a very low price.
* External DVD burner. Also, If you own an ultraportable laptop, you may find that some of them don't come with a built-in DVD burner (e.g. the Lenovo Thinkpad X61). So you might want to bring an external DVD burner along in case you want to watch movies or backup some data.
* Bluetooth USB Adapter. If you have an older laptop, it might not have built-in Bluetooth connectivity. I always ensure I have a little USB Bluetooth adapter that allows me to connect my cell phone to the laptop. Don't leave home without it.
* USB Hub. A USB hub is really great if you need to share USB ports with the rest of your team. Some older laptops do not have enough USB ports so this item will be useful.
* Laptop speakers. If you want to enjoy music from your laptop, you might find that its built-in speakers to be of poor quality. That's where a set of good laptop speakers come in. They might be a tad heavy to carry around though.
I do hope this article has shown you what are some of the best laptop accessories you should buy to improve you laptop computing experience. Remember, most laptop accessories are sold by a variety of vendors, and their prices tend to vary a lot. Do you own proper research before shelling out any cash. Until next time, best of luck and happy shopping!