First I want to introduce a memory optimization with broad recognition on the Internet. It could seek for better “thin” effect by adding BossPrefs switch. On the basis of the original article, I made some modifications to perfect the edition.
1. First install Cydia or 91 assitant (91 cellphone assistant is recommended when there’s no WiFi).
2. Download the software and copy the relevant files to the directories: /Applications/BossPrefs.app/services and scripts. Notice: set the file property 0755.
3. Run BossPrefs, and then you will see another extra 11 options: iapdSvr、SysLogdSvr、UpdateSvr、WeFitSvr、PandaDemonSvr、PdaNetSvr、Wiki2touchSvr、WinterBoardSvr、iLogSvr、TSR_Safari和TSR_iPod. Choose and close some. (By some tests, it is found that some switches don’t display, but it doesn’t matter).
1. This method is applied for iPhone 1.12~2.X, so is iTouch.
2. You could start or close the service anytime when necessary, the effect is equal to Windows service manager, you don’t have to restart the iPhone. (When you stop any service on BossPrefs, this service would be uninstalled from memory immediately and the occupied memory would be released. When you choose to open this service, then the service would be started at once.)
3. Explanations for few services:
SysLogdSvr: iPhone log service, occupying 464KB memory (just be easy, you could turn it