When thing’s not doing well as you planned, you may find some symptoms about your iPod. Luckily, your problems might be temporary, and now you can do something to help you fix the problems. If you do get some trouble when using iPod, please try the next method (5 R) to help you fix it up. Generally, these steps could help you recover your iPod back to normal. Notice, before executing the next operation, please first charge your iPod battery full, and then turn the Hold switch close.
1. Reset iPod, iPod nano, iPod mini or iPod shuffle.
2. Retry iPod, connect to different USB or FireWire ports on the computer (attention please: the latest iPod could only sync by USB port).
3. Restart the computer, and install latest software updates.
4. Reinstall iPod and iTunes software.
5. Use latest iPodUpdater software to recover the iPod. Please notice, this operation would delete all songs and files on the iPod, and recover the iPod to initial settings. After recovering it, you can copy your music and files to the iPod from your computer.