Below are a number of "quick tips" to get the most out of the service.
1. Where possible save the backup software to the machine you wish to backup. You can backup a mapped or networked drive but you must follow our instructions.
2. If you receive Error messages (i.e Invalid Password, cannot connect 44400 etc) check our Trouble Shooting pages for a remedy
3. Remember your Password, as you will need this for restoring data from us or for setting up the software again in the future.
4. Your Username can be found on all emails the system sends you. "Please quote this on any correspondence you send us."
5. If you need to download the backup software again (i.e onto a new machine) please contact your supplier.
Return to top ^
1. The first backup can take a very long time. Ways to help include:
* Back up your information at night or over a weekend.
* Pause the backup.
* Create multiple definitions (see below).
2. Create multiple definitions rather than backing up all your information in one big batch. This is especially relevant if you are backing up emails and databases
3. We recommend creating a separate definition for specific information hence you may end up with 3 or 4 definitions. For example: