Q: I am getting that error message every time I turn on the computer.Error Msg: c:/windows/system32/NvCpl.dll - Specified module could not be found. Help? Does anyone have any suggestions? I appreciate it!
First you have to determine which graphics contoller you have on your system.
A: 1. Right click on "My Computer" and select "Properties".
2. Select the "Hardware" tab.
3. Click on "Device Manager".
4. Click on the + sign next to "Display Adapters", you will see the name of your Graphics
Controller, write it down.
5. Double click on the Graphics Controller to open it's properties.
6. Write down the Driver Version and the Driver Date, click OK, then exit Device Manager.
7. Open your browser and go here: http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html
8. Click on "Download Drivers"
9. Where you see "Start Here", click on "Graphics Driver".
10. In the next box, click on the Graphics Controller that is on your system.
11. Next box, click on your operating system, then click "Go".
12. On the page that opens you will see the Driver Version and Date. If the Version and
Date are newer than what you currently have on your system, download the driver.
13. Be sure to read the "Driver Installation Hints Document" before you download.